Friday, December 6, 2013

Blogmas: Day 1 Decorating, What's going on with my knee & Holiday Parties!

Today, I am stating Blogmas! Rather then starting on December 1st, I decided on the 6th, so I could do my last Blogmas on the last day of December!

I hope it doesn't make you mad, that I'm doing it differently, but it's what's easier for me.

So, lately, there has been a LOT of holiday decorating going on where I live! We have a town Christmas tree, that gets lit every year, all of the business' on Main Street get lights put up, and each business also gets a 6 foot (fake) tree to put outside their store!

Each class at my school goes uptown & decorates 2 tress! Unfortunately, this year I did not get to decorate trees uptown, because I have a severe knee injury that has put me on crutches for the past 6-8 weeks.

This Saturday, my family will continue our tradition, and decorate our tree on my beloved little brother's birthday!

Now, some of you may be wondering what's wrong with my knee. Well, let me tell you.

December of 2011, my family & I went rock climbing. Not on actual rocks, but indoor at a rock climbing center. Your guess, is that I fell off of a rock or something, but no, that's not what happened.

After rock climbing, we were walking, and in the middle of the road, there was a parking curb (whatever you want to call it) one of these:


Anyways, one of those ^ was in the middle of the curb, and being the klutz that I am, I tripped over it. Just so you know, it was dark, and so I did not see the curb.



I tripped over it, and hit the inside of my knee right on the edge of the cement. I was hysterical. Not too mention, that I also fell into the puddle that was on the other side of the curb, so when I showed up at the E.R. I was soaked.

When we were done at the E.R. they had said nothing was wrong with my knee, but to stay off of it for about 2 weeks. So they gave me crutches.

2 years went by, and I didn't have any problems with my knee. Occasionally, I would feel slight pain, but it usually didn't last very long.

At the beginning of this school year, I began running more than usual, and during basketball practice, I was finding myself unable to continue.

I went to the doctor, but he said everything was fine. It wasn't though, because the next week I couldn't walk anymore. I was put on crutches and forced to quit the basketball team.

After being on crutches for about 3 weeks, I was in unbearable pain. The next morning, my mom took me to the E.R.

The X-Rays came back, and they said my knee looked fine. I didn't leave with that. They wanted me to get an X-Ray of my hip. They said, that most kids my age feel pain in their knee after large falls. It's not the knee though. It's not the knee though. It's the femur detaching itself from the hip.

If that was the case, I would need emergency surgery. I began crying & praying to God that I wouldn't need surgery.

The X-Rays came back clear.

I was so happy!

Yesterday, I went in for an MRI. I won't know the results until Monday.

Apparently, there is a 95% chance that I WILL have to have surgery. I'm scared. I've never had surgery before.

Let me know, if you've ever had surgery, what for, and how you felt.

I'm sorry, that today's blog has been so long, but I'm almost done. I'd like to talk about one last thing, which is holiday parties!

I've already been to 3 parties this year, and figured I should give some tips, since I will be attending ANOTHER party Sunday.

Now, if you're going to a party, be sure not too dress-up, but don't dress down. Keep your outfits neutral, but nice. You can make regular, every-day outfits into something exciting.

Just add a scarf, a pair of dressy heels, or even fancy makeup!

If you are going to someone else's party, try to get the host/hostess a gift. Even if it's something that's only $5, it's nice to thank them with the gift. They will see, that you appreciate their hard work, and may even invite you back some time soon!

Well, I will talk to you again tomorrow with Day 2! Be sure to let me know if you have ever had surgery! Remember to follow my blog & tell me if you have any post ideas!




No comments:

Post a Comment