Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Permanent Fixtures: LilliesAndLipBalm | Guest Blogger

I have a special treat for you girls today! As you might've been able to tell, from the title, I have another guest blogger! Today, I have a beauty blogger, who goes by the screen-name lilliesandlipbalm. Her name is Melanie, her she is, with her permanent fixtures, or must-haves!



As a beauty blogger, I’m forever changing up my routines for my hair, skin and makeup – I just can’t resist trying out new releases, hyped-up products and special offers.  However, no matter how many products come and go through my routine, there are always a couple of pieces you’ll always find in my stash (and maybe a couple of back-ups).

Although it’s a bit of a boring subject, Mitchum Advanced Control anti perspirant is without a doubt the best in the business.  For years I just picked up whatever was on offer, regardless of its brand, formulation or form, but since trying this, nothing has come close.  It smells good but doesn’t overpower perfumes, it keeps me sweat free for hours under any circumstances, and it’s a bargain.  A definite must-have.

Oily hair requires a dry shampoo otherwise half of your life will be spent washing, drying and styling your Barnett.  Batiste has been my go-to brand of choice since beginning to use dry shampoos, and I still love it.  I’ve moved through the scents and am currently going for blush – a fruity, girly, floral scent.  The white cast is easy to disperse with a bit of rubbing and brushing, and it leaves my hair refreshed and smelling good.

Everyone loves a bit of Soap and Glory, and Hand Food is one of their best selling products.  It’s a sweet smelling hand cream that sinks into your skin quickly without leaving a horrid residue on your palms making it impossible to open jars for the rest of the day.  I love popping this on overnight to soften my hands and keep my nail beds in good condition.

Lately Effaclar Duo has become a bit of a hyped product in the blogosphere, and it’s no wonder.  La Roche Posay’s moisturising serum combats imperfections, rids the skin of blemishes and works towards reducing pore size.  It has made a huge difference to my acne-prone skin and if I ever stop using it for a few days I definitely notice my skin getting worse.

Makeup-wise, Seventeen’s Miracle Matte powder is my go-to for banishing shine from my oily skin and setting my base.  I always have at least three of these in my stash – one in my every-day makeup bag, one in my handbag and a back-up.  Applying this with the Real Techniques Powder Brush leaves a natural matte finish which isn’t too cakey.  The only other makeup products I’ve repurchased time and time again is L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes mascara.  After an initial recommendation from my mum, I’ve fallen in love with this little beauty, and no matter how many other mascaras find their way into my stash, I always find myself going back to this one!


I’d love to know what makeup products you swear by in the comments! Read my opinions on an endless amount of other beauty products on my blog (www.lilliesandlipbalm.blogspot.com) or tweet me @lillieslipbalm


Thank you Melanie, for starring as a guest on my blog, and be sure you check her blog out! If YOU would like to be a guest on my blog, please see my 'Guest Blogging' Page! I'm looking for a guest blogger, to do the 'I Love Spring Tag' with me on March 20th. Email me if interested!



No comments:

Post a Comment